Monday, August 25, 2008

Mixed emotions

It felt really strange this morning. First I drank my tea with one hand, while the other one was jiggling a breast milk pump.

Then:
Packed my bag for school. Note book, iPod, wallet, pen, calender. No diapers, tissues, or extra clothing.
Got dressed the way I wanted to. Without caring about comfort, practicalities, or nursing bras.
Left home. Without a pram, harness, or a smiling Noam looking at me.

Spent five hours away from my precious daughter, for the first time.
Missed her like crazy and couldn't stop hugging her when I got back.
But I also felt free. It was nice doing something for myself, by myself.

I guess it's a mixed feeling that is difficult to understand if you haven't been through it yourself. Or maybe not. I don't know. Anyway, after all these emotions Noam and I went to a kind of drop in kindergarden and we both got totally exhausted.

No comments: